Vyrian is an electronic components distributor specializing in the distribution, sales and marketing of semiconductor passive and active components. With more than 5,000,000 unique electronic parts featured on our online catalog, engineers and purchasers look to Vyrian for their new product sourcing needs. We are in immediate need of a R&D/Quality Engineer to assist our operations team.
About the JobYou’ll ensure that Vyrian’s product R&D and process improvement continues. You’ll work directly with managers in all key departments at Vyrian (sales, purchasing, shipping/logistics/HR, executive) to drive execution of quality improvements in accordance with AS9100 standards. From day one you’ll be challenged to take risks, think big, and make an impact, while getting lots of love and support from the team.As a Research & Development Engineer in our R&D/Quality Engineering Department, you will lead our electronic components testing program for all electronic medical and industrial devices. Additionally, you will be required to:
- Develop testing protocols for variety of electronic components including (processors, ICs and passive devices) per manufacturer specification. Evaluate the quality of the components including functional and electrical characteristics for counterfeit detection.
- Determine and study environmental and health-related risk of the parts going into Medical devices, Aerospace industry and Military projects.
- Understand and follow AS9100, ISO 13845, and FDA CFR 820 Quality Systems and regulatory guidelines. Diverse knowledge of inspection control methods, techniques and documentation.
- Evaluate product designs and recommend design improvement modifications. Write Product requirements documents and determine system requirements, capacity, and cost to develop a system.
- Prepare and study technical drawings, component datasheets, and specifications to ensure that installation and operations conform to product requirements document (PRD) and standards requirements. Generate and maintain engineering drawings, datasheets, communication protocols, and operating instructions.
- Design medical systems, hardware, and software for implementation in medical, scientific, manufacturing, or R&D applications for company’s new start-up.
- Prepare specifications and recommendations for purchase of components, software, and equipment.
- Prepare nonconformance documentation and failure analysis reports. Support customers with corrective action procedures and completion of 8Ds, NCRs, SCARs, CAPAs. Responsible for corrective action reporting to government agencies as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Biomedical Engineering degree with Instrumentation background from an accredited university. Minimum 2-4 years related work experience. Internships, course work, and relevant training will be considered.
- Working knowledge of FDA regulations and electronics industry standards AS9120/AS6081, ISO 17025/13485, required.
- A working knowledge of engineering design tools (i.e. schematic layout, PCB design, or CAD/CAM software). Hands-on background in operation and use of standard test equipment; oscilloscopes, digital multimeters, frequency generators, calipers etc. Ability to troubleshoot and analyze electronics.
- Experience with programming using different environments, preferably Visual Studios, Eclipse, Matlab or similar software. Ability to program using in C++/C or a form of embedded C and interface hardware with software.
Please send us your resume today! firstname.lastname@example.org.We thank all applicants in advance for submitting your qualifications; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview, or are currently employed by Vyrian, will be contacted.